At Thrift Collective, our vision is a world where we use what already exists before demanding that more be made. The fashion industry is riddled with systemic problems, but we are working to make a positive impact by making it easy for secondhand stores to bring their inventory online.
The fashion industry needs to change its current approach
The fashion industry is the third largest user of water in a world in which around 2 billion people don't have regular access to clean drinking water
The fashion industry is responsible for 10% of annual global carbon emissions —more than all international flights and maritime shipping combined
The United States donates only 1/5th of the over 11 million tons of clothing waste it generates every year
Our mission is to change your relationship to used clothing by...
Making it easier for existing thrift stores to get online with tech solutions
We work with thrift stores, not around them
Connecting customers to fashion experts who curate relevant pieces
Collectors are experts who know how to get the right clothing to the right audience
Making shopping for used clothing as fun and easy as shopping new
So you can stay as stylish as you are sustainable
Want More Info?
- Over-Dressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion
- The Conscious Closet: The Revolutionary Guide to Looking Good While Doing Good
- Refashioned: Cutting-Edge Clothing from Upcycled Materials
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Liberating Threads: Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- Fashion Revolution (@fash_rev)
- Clean Clothes Campaign (@cleanclothescampaign)
- No White Saviors (@nowhitesaviors)
- The Sustainable Fashion Forum (@thesustainablefashionforum)
- When Thrifters Thrift (@whenthriftersthrift)